Jasika Blazer Pattern by Closet Case Patterns
The Jasika Blazer is a classic tailored jacket with a semi-fitted shape that will never go out of style. With just the right amount of polish and detail, Jasika is a wardrobe workhorse and a mighty skill builder. Our instructions use modern speed tailoring methods, fusible interfacings and minimal hand sewing to make tailoring fun and accessible for everyone; make a blazer you’ll want to wear forever!
This jacket is fully lined and features a classic notched collar, single button closure, back vent, shoulder pads, welt pockets, gorgeous two-piece sleeves and a flattering shape that skims the curves of the body. Optional details include pocket flaps, topstitching, decorative sleeve cuff buttons and leather or suede elbow patches.
Size charts and finished body measurements here.
SUGGESTED FABRIC :
For the jacket body: medium to heavyweight suitings or lightweight coatings with surface texture such as wool melton, wool flannel, crepe and tweed. Velvet, medium-heavy weight cotton, seersucker and linen may also be used. Please note: tightly woven, smooth surfaced suitings like wool gabardine are not recommended since they can be difficult to fuse using an iron.
For the lining: rayon bemberg, charmeuse, crepe de chine, silky cottons like voile
For the pockets: sturdy cotton like shirting, quilting cotton or muslin (1/4 yd / .25m)
- Fusible weft interfacing (1.5 yd / 1.4m)
- Fusible knit interfacing (1yd / .8m)
- Horsehair canvas (1/4 yd / .25m)
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for collar
- Optional: silk basting thread
- Cotton stay tape 1/4″ wide x 2.5 yds / 2.4m
- Shoulder pads – 1/4″ – 3/8″ thick
- Sleeveheads or lambs wool/cotton batting cut into 2″ wide bias strips
- Optional: Leather or suede for elbow patches
- Lapel button: 1 x 3/4″ (19mm)
- 1 x clear button
- Optional: Sleeve buttons: 6 x 5/8″ (26mm)
- Marking tool / tailor’s chalk
- Handsewing needles & thimble
- Tailors ham and seam roll
- Press cloth (cotton or silk organza)
- Pinking shears
- Point presser or wood clapper
- Steam iron